|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Communications, Engineering, Journalism, Law|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||Internships|
CIEE Global Internship programs are built just for you! All our locations offer a wide range of internship opportunities across a diverse set of industries. When you apply, we work directly with you to find an internship that suits your unique needs and professional goals. Learn more about our personalized placement process.
Get to know the characteristically relaxed yet globally competitive work place culture in one of the Southern Hemisphere’s hubs for trade, finance, tech, and media production. Sydney is both the capital of Australia’s business and the launching point for exchange of goods, services, and ideas with the country’s Asian neighbors.
TAKE A WELL-EARNED BREAK
at the magnificent, world-renowned Bondi Beach
in weekly local start-up meet-ups and annual entrepreneurship festivals
EXPLORE ABORIGINAL ART
during a visit to the Royal National Park
Excursions & Activities
- Step back in time with a visit to the Australian War Memorial and the Reconciliation Place in the nation’s capital, Canberra. Learn about the politics of Australia along with its rich history.
- Kayak with your “mates” through Sydney Harbor before a traditional Australian BBQ.
- Hike the spectacular Blue Mountains with experienced and informed guides ready to share the environmental and cultural history of the spectacular landscape.
- Take advantage of resume help and interviewing skills based on local business culture.
- Explore the professional working world of Sydney through organizational site visits, industry networking events, and guest lectures.
- Participate in workshops that will help you make the most of your internship.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Sydney community and culture, and the CIEE academic program
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.