|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Communications, Education, Journalism, Law|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
Immerse yourself in Sydney's bustling university life at CIEE's top-ranked partner school, The University of New South Wales (UNSW). From arts and humanities to social and historical sciences, you'll find challenging coursework across academic disciplines to advance your degree. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
CATCH A PERFORMANCE
at the world-famous Sydney Opera House.
the great Australian outdoors.
with peers from all over Australia and the world.
Excursions & Activities
- Hike the spectacular Blue Mountains with experienced and informed guides ready to share the environmental and cultural history of the landscape.
- Explore Darling Harbour National Park by water and take a walking tour around the Rocks - a neighborhood of historic laneways in the shadow of Sydney Harbour Bridge. Learn about indigenous bush tucker and get a firsthand account of the nation’s history.
- Discover the pristine waters of Port Stephens Great Lakes Marine Park while swimming with local sea life.
- Take a guided tour through Tomaree National Park and discover its historical significance while interacting with Australian wildlife.
The Global Institute - Sydney seeks to foster an urban community of learners that is respectful of its surroundings and proactively engages with individuals, community groups, and institutions. Orientation will include an introduction to the community resources and opportunities to give back. Students can volunteer their time working with local environmental groups to help maintain public parks, or with youths in after-school programs.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.