Programs > Brochure
Universita degli studi Parthenope Napoli - IEP Students Only
Naples, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
For some, Italy is synonymous with exquisite food, wine, and shoes, but at URI, Italy’s engineering accomplishments are what come to mind. From the Roman aqueducts to the Venice canals and an array of high-performance cars, Italian engineered items are among the best in the world." That’s why URI’s world-renowned International Engineering Program has just added the second Italian IEP student exchange program option in partnership with the Università degli studi di Napoli “Parthenope (University of Naples 'Parthenope')
“Italy is one of the most highly industrialized countries in the world, where engineers work to design some of the world’s best cars, motorcycles, bicycles, small appliances, and electronics.
URI’s 27-year-old International Engineering Program, the first of its kind in the United States and a national model, is a five-year program in which students earn a B.A. in a language and a B.S. in engineering, and spend one full year abroad, studying at a partner institution in Germany, France, Spain, China, and now, Italy, and working at leading engineering firms overseas. It’s also a program with close to a 100 percent job placement rate within six months after graduation.
“The program [in Italy] will provide our students with even greater opportunities to prepare for global engineering careers in Italian-owned companies with global operations, such as Ferrari, Fiat/Chrysler, GTECH, and Barilla,” said International Engineering Program Director Sigrid Berka.
Italian IEP students spend a semester at either the University of Naples (Parthenope) or the University of Calabria in southern Italy followed by a six-month internship in a global engineering firm. Internship host companies encompass various engineering disciplines and include the following: IBM, Altila, DLVsystem (Computer Engineering); Bitron (Mechanical, Industrial Engineering); BSP Pharmaceuticals, Sterling (Chemical, Biomedical Engineering, and Pharmaceutical Sciences); Erica (Chemical Engineering); Hi Tech Sol (Electrical Engineering); Manini Prefabbricati, Marcantonini, Sicoma (Mechanical, Civil, Industrial Engineering)."
ACADEMICS & ACCOMMODATIONS*For information and guidance pertaining to program course offerings, housing accommodations, and host program application requirements please consult with Dr. Michelangelo La Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the IEP web page: web.uri.edu/iep/
PROGRAM COSTEstimated Cost of Attendance Per Semester: $10,631
Note: Please view the budget sheet for itemized cost details.
URI APPLICATION PROCESSURI Eligibility Requirements:
- Be in good social standing
- Subject to the URI Student Policies & IEP Year Abroad Program Policies
- All URI students participating on one of the University's direct exchange programs must be formally enrolled within the equivalent of a minimum of 12 US credits (24 ECTS credits) per semester to maintain their full-time student matriculation status.
Program Admission Timeline:
|Semester||'Pre-Decision' Deadline||'Post-Decision' Deadline|
|Fall Semester||April 1st||May 1st|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONUseful Links
University of Naples (Parthenope) Exchange Program Fact Sheet
University of Naples (Parthenope) International Office Website
Map & Directions
- URI e-Mail: Although participants are not physically on the URI campus, they should monitor their URI e-mail and e-Campus account on a regular basis and address billing, FAFSA, holds, etc. in a timely manner.
- Change of Status: In the event of program cancellation, changes to the intended plan of study, reduction in course load, program relocation, or any other status change, students must notify their respective academic departments as well as the Office of International Education.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.