|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Studies|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
Monteverde has been at the forefront of field study in environmental protection since the 1960s, when it began attracting scientists to marvel at its biodiversity. As a result, Monteverde is the ideal place to study ecology, conservation, sustainability, and agriculture, and explore ways to protect its future, live more sustainably, and educate others to do the same.
LEARN FROM COSTA RICAN FARMERS
who maintain crops, improve their soils, and have high productivity with natural and climate-smart practices
LIVE IN A RURAL MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY
surrounded by a tropical cloud forest and friendly Costa Ricans
SEE CLOSE UP
how alternative energy makes Costa Rica largely independent of fossil fuels
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know biodiversity firsthand, and learn why it is so valuable for human societies
- Learn about renewable energy, alternative agriculture, ecotourism, and other sustainable economic activities
- Visit reserves, farms, urban centers, or remote communities to explore the biological and cultural diversity of Costa Rica
- All meals are included.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two- day orientation - an introduction to Costa Rican culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/06/2020||05/11/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.