|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Environmental Studies, History, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
Experience Copenhagen at its best – during the summer when the days are long, the festivals are full-throttle, and the harbor pools are beckoning. CIEE's Summer in Copenhagen offers students four, eight, or twelve weeks of study abroad in English, with courses across humanities, environmental studies, design, history, and more. Frequent co-curricular activities takes learning outside of the classroom and guarantees an authentic understanding of the history and culture of the Scandinavian people.
FIND OUT FIRST HAND WHY
Denmark is rated one of the happiest countries in the world.
unique architectural mix of old and new while the days are long and the sun is shinning.
LIVE IN THE WORLD'S FIRST
officially designated "Bike City" and explore it entirely on two wheels."
Excursions & Activities
- Take a day-trip to explore Hamlet's Castle in Helsinør - just one of many castles harboring the stories of Scandinavia's past.
- Explore the National Museum and see how Copenhagen transformed from a fishing village in the 10th century to a world leader in sustainability and innovation.
- Experience Danish hygge – a lifestyle trend described as a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Copenhagen society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.