|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Political Science|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
It is hard not to get caught up in the pulsing energy of this dynamic metropolis! Life in Rio is out in the open - in the streets and on the beaches under the tropical sun. Take one four-week course per session and get to know the culture and people of this vibrant, bustling city.
VISIT VALONGO WHARF
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, considered the most significant former slave port in the Western Hemisphere.
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN RIO’S RICH AND DIVERSE ARTS CULTURE
and understand Samba and Carnival beyond the clichés. In Rio, you can go listen to live music locally any day of the week!
DISCOVER RIO'S MODERNIST ARCHITECTURE
in the city of Niterói, where Oscar Niemeyer’s futurist architecture includes the iconic Museu de Arte Contemporânea – which is shaped like a flying saucer
Excursions & Activities
All programs feature frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement your academics. Students in Rio can:
- Explore the city during a daylong excursion with CIEE-trained guides and staff.
- Attend a live match at the Maracanã, one of the world´s biggest soccer stadiums.
- Take percussion lessons with professional samba players.
- Hike one of the many trails through the Atlantic Forest.
- Climb to the top of Corcovado Mountain, where the Christ the Redeemer statues awaits.
Give back and create a deeper connection to Rio de Janeiro. In a country known for urban poverty, you will gain as much as you give, helping with education, health, or community building. Teach English, foster professional skills in women, and much more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Rio society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.