|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Communications, Political Science|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
The metropolis of Santiago is South America’s sixth-largest city, hosting a population of more than six million people. On one side of the city, the towering Andes loom in the distance, while on the other, the dazzling Pacific laps the shore. No matter where you are, you’ll enjoy world-class cuisine, neoclassical architecture, exotic parks, and a bustling urban environment.
classic Chilean cuisine via the “picadas” route – with stops at small eateries around the city.
the economic potential of Chile by visiting a nearby vineyard and learning about wine production and export strategy.
the morning hiking through the Andes and the afternoon enjoying the beaches at Viña del Mar and Valparaíso.
Excursions & Activities
All programs feature frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement your academics. Students in Santiago can …
- Explore the city with CIEE-trained guides and staff and discover the culture and history of Santiago and its surroundings.
- Visit a natural reservation like Cajón del Maipo, located just at 45 minutes from Santiago, and consider the contrasts to city life.
- See firsthand where Nobel Prize Winner Pablo Neruda lived and worked in Santiago and Valparaíso.
- Discover the Open Sky Museum of San Miguel, with more than 5,000 mt2 of outdoor graffiti and murals.
- Take an excursion outside the city to a vineyard and see why Chile is renowned as a top wine exporter.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions.
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Santiago's society and culture, and the CIEE academic program
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.