|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Class Standing:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
As one of the twenty largest cities in the world, Buenos Aires has plenty to offer, including a vibrant theater district, countless shops, dynamic neighborhoods, and plenty of educational and cultural opportunities. Its steady influx of European immigrants earned it the nickname "Paris of South America," reflecting its eclectic architecture and diverse population of 13 million people.
BECOME A "PORTEÑO"
and experience the city like a local – you'll find live music and tango dancing always on offer.
neighborhoods of Buenos Aires, such as Palermo with endless shops and restaurants, Recoleta with its classical European feel, and the old city of San Telmo and La Boca - the birthplace of tango.
life on a cattle ranch and discover traditional Argentinian food.
Excursions & Activities
All programs feature frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement your academics. Students in Buenos Aires can ...
- Enjoy the city like a local by attending festivals, soccer games, live tango dances and more.
- Join a student club or sports team and share culture, ideas, and down time with fellow students.
- Visit free museums, art galleries, and cultural centers such as Museo de Bellas Artes, Museo Fernandez Blanco, Museo de Arte Moderno, Centro Cultural Recoleta, and others.
- Experience live theater and concerts at nearby venues like Teatro Nacional Cervantes, Teatro General San Martín, Teatro Avenida, Teatro Broadway, Teatro Gran Rex or the magnificent Teatro Colón (ranked the world's third best by National Geographic).
- Explore the Reserva Ecológica Costanera Sur and see more than 250 bird species and a wide variety of mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and butterflies.
- Take a day-trip to Tigre and visit an estancia – where the legendary gauchos work the farmland.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Buenos Aires society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.