|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
Experience Copenhagen this January. Study in Denmark with an intensive English-language program designed for students at U.S. universities. CIEE's January in Copenhagen program explores Danish culture and society through a focus on gender and sexuality. You'll also get a chance to experience a city full of history, culture, and innovation.
FIND OUT WHY
Denmark is rated one of the happiest countries in the world
Copenhagen's unique architectural mix of old and new
LIVE IN A CITY
designated the world's first "Bike City": even in winter
Excursions & Activities
- Excursions may include destinations such as Ribe - the oldest town in Denmark, founded by Vikings, Århus - 2017 European Cultural Capital, or Skagen - the country's nethermost town.
- Faculty-led visits to contemporary arts exhibitions help students explore the program topics in a cultural context.
- Experience Copenhagen's transformation from a Viking fishing village founded in the 10th century to a world-leader in sustainability and innovation, with visits to the National Museum of Denmark.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Copenhagen society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter J-Term||2020||10/05/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.