|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Archaelogy, Arquitecture, Art History, Communications, Cultural Studies, Geography, History, Journalism, Literature|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
In Berlin, the city is your classroom, your laboratory and your inspiration. Expand upon your knowledge of the dramatic events of the 20th century this January in Berlin. Along the way, you'll examine how historical forces have shaped Germany's turbulent past and are building its vibrant future.
THROUGH HISTORICAL EXCURSIONS
you'll gain a deep understanding of a country torn apart by war that is now united and prospering.
CAPTURE THE SOUNDS
and stories of the city as you work to create your own radio program.
SPEND A DAY AT ZOOLOGISCHER GARTEN
Berlin. Founded in 1844, it is the most visited zoo in Europe.
Excursions & Activities
- Enjoy Berlin's numerous cafés, street musicians, flea markets, pop up-stores and galleries.
- Take in a performance at one of Berlin's three major opera houses: the Deutsche Oper, the Berlin State Opera, and the Komische Oper.
- Immerse yourself in the local customs by living with a host family. It's the ideal environment for meaningful cultural exchange.
- Interpret the contrasting history of a divided Berlin through works of art. Take a guided tour along the East Side Gallery, the largest and longest-lasting open air gallery in the world.
- Take an overnight trip to another German city, like Dresden, Weimar, or Leipzig. Or, take a day trip touring the former concentration camp at Sachsenhausen.
- Two meals per day for students in homestays.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation - an introduction to German culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.