|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
Diversity and access – two core components of CIEE’s mission - are at the heart of this January in Valparaíso program. As one of the most diverse, multicultural cities in Chile, Valparaíso’s eclectic communities include British, Italian, Peruvian, German, Colombian and others. The city is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its historical architectural treasures and unique topography. Study abroad in Valparaíso is an excellent opportunity to enhance your Spanish proficiency, acquire valuable intercultural competencies, and discover one of South America’s vibrant and friendly cultures.
LIVE WITH HOST FAMILIES
who are thoroughly committed to making your experience of Valparaiso unforgettable.
GAIN A DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF CHILEAN CULTURE
and develop language skills with frequent, fascinating co-curricular activities.
TREK TO THE SUMMIT OF CERRO LA CAMPANA
and appreciate Chile as Charles Darwin once did, with an incredible view of Chile nestled between the Andes and the Pacific Ocean.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit Museo a Cielo Abierto – Valparaíso’s open air museum with colorful murals from famed Chilean artists
- Take a bike tour along the scenic coast between Valparaíso and Viña del Mar
- Visit the home of Nobel Laureate Pablo Neruda and explore the museum
- Experience the best trekking in South America with a day trip to La Campana Hill
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to local society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.