|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Art History, Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, History, Journalism, Literature, Political Science, Religion|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
This January, take a course on Spanish culture and cuisine, and go on culinary tours that bring your studies to life. Experience the art, festivals and traditions that reveal Spain’s dynamic history. The south of Spain is famous for the flamenco, the food, and friendliness of the locals. Seville is no exception!
VISIT SEVILLE’S LOCAL MARKETS,
wineries, and olive oil producers and sample the local delicacies.
TAKE A WEEKEND TRIP
to other scenic Spanish cities such as Madrid or Barcelona.
SEE THE THE MOST IMPORTANT ART COLLECTION
of Seville in the city’s Museum of Fine Arts.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore the region of Catalonia and surrounding provinces with fun day and overnight trips.
- Live with a local family who can introduce you to the city’s culture and help you adapt to life in Barcelona.
- Experience the magic of the Noche de Reyes and attend the Cabalgata (Three King’s parade)
- Share activities with local students, such as going for chocolate con churros or going to a gym session
- Three meals per day
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.