|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Cultural Studies|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Pack your January with business insights and experiences that will give you a strong advantage in the job market and provide memories you'll never forget. Set between mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona offers you art, stunning architecture and guided tours of the historical district. In addition, you will gain exposure to Barcelona business and industry where your understanding of international markets will surely be enhanced.
TAKE A WEEKEND TRIP
to other scenic Spanish cities such as Madrid or Seville
BE PAIRED WITH A CIEE GUARDIAN ANGEL
a local university student who helps you get settled and shares fun activities like cooking classes, guided tours, and a tapas night.
ADMIRE THE ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY
of this 2000 year old city.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore the region of Catalonia and surrounding provinces with fun day and overnight trips.
- Catch an exciting soccer match at the Futbol Club Barcelona, a sports club best known worldwide for its football team.
- Live with a local family who can introduce you to the city's culture and help you adapt to life in Barcelona.
- Take in a performance at the Barcelona and Catalonia National Symphonic Orchestra.
- Volunteering: Although there are no formal community service activities on this program, CIEE staff is happy to connect students with volunteer opportunities.
- Peer to peer: Guardian Angels are local university students who help CIEE study abroad students settle into their life in Spain. The Guardian Angels program is a unique feature of the CIEE Barcelona.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.