|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Arquitecture, Art, History, Literature, Political Science|
|Language of Instruction:||English|
An enchanting city on the banks of the Danube River, Budapest is one of the world's most captivating destinations. Get swept up in Hungarian culture as you explore the city's stunning architecture and history.
CATCH AN ART FILM
at one of the hundreds of nearby theaters or museums.
DIP YOUR TOE IN THE WATER
of Lake Balaton, the "Hungarian Sea"
BRUSH UP ON YOUR HUNGARIAN
through our optional Communicative Hungarian course.
Excursions & Activities
- Brush up on balneology on a visit to one of the city's thermal baths.
- Take a guided tour of the House of Terror Museum, a memorial to the victims of Hungary's fascist and communist regimes.
- Spend an evening at a local dance house or take folk dance lessons.
- Walk the Chain Bridge, an iconic nineteenth century stone bridge.
Make a difference in the local Budapest community!
- Volunteer at a children's home, a homeless shelter, or in local community centers.
Challenge yourself to get better at an uncommon language--Hungarian-- by interacting with locals and taking our optional Communicative Hungarian course.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.