|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Cultural Studies, International Relations, International Studies|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Mandarin||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
This summer, explore Taiwan’s role in the world economy and learn about the cross-straits relationship between Taiwan and China at one of the top-rated business schools in Asia. Your business courses will be taught in English, but you’ll have plenty of time to learn some Chinese while you explore Taiwanese culture, eating traditional dumplings, trekking to the top of one of the tallest buildings in the world, and soaking your feet in the area’s relaxing hot springs.
EXPLORE THE UNIQUE ATTRIBUTES
of Taiwan’s history and location and the role they play in contemporary culture, business, and politics.
GAIN A PRACTICAL UNDERSTANDING
of Taiwan’s role in the economic and political affairs of East Asia.
DEVELOP YOUR ABILITY TO CARRY OUT BASIC CONVERSATION
in Chinese as part of an optional Communicative Chinese Language course.
Excursions & Activities
Visit temples, mountains, tea plantations, porcelain workshops, and museums around northern Taiwan.
Volunteering. There are plenty of opportunities to give back to your host community and connect in meaningful ways with locals – like teaching English a school or supporting marginalized groups, people with disabilities, immigrants, or underprivileged women and children.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Taipei culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.