|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Cultural Studies, History|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
In the city Shaw, Swift, Joyce, Lewis, and Yeats called home, write your own story of international discovery during CIEE's January in Dublin program. Through challenging coursework, fun cultural activities, and excursions to beautiful locations, you'll get an in-depth look at Irish culture, learn how the city developed, and perhaps pick up a few Dublinese phrases along the way.
LIVE AT DUBLIN CITY UNIVERSITY
a compact high-tech campus with central green areas, cafés, a theater and sports center, all within close proximity to the center of Dublin.
VISIT LOCATIONS OF CULTURAL INTEREST
such as the National Museum, Dublin Castle, and many Viking and Norman sites in the city.
DISCUSS ISSUES OF NATIONAL IDENTITY
religion, and immigration with dedicated CIEE staff.
Excursions & Activities
- Enjoy the vibrant nightlife in the youthful city of Dublin, with an estimated 50% of its citizens younger than 25.
- Partake in cultural activities, such as visits to medieval castles, cathedrals, galleries, and a field trip to Northern Ireland.
- Sample food from around the globe – in restaurant and market form – in this city that embraces diversity and multiculturalism.
- Take a walking tour along the cobblestone alleys of Trinity College, founded in 1592 and one of seven ancient colleges in the UK.
- Meals are not included
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation - an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter J-Term||2020||10/05/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.