|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Cultural Studies|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
London's global impact in art, music, fashion, and literature is incomparable, but the city also has an active community policing policy. Explore its influential culture while gaining insight into the London's value system and influence on Europe and the world.
WATCH A PERFORMANCE
in Shakespeare's Globe theater, a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse designed in 1599.
TAKE A WEEKEND EXCURSION
to Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.
GAIN ACCESS TO EXPERTS
and practitioners working in Britain's healthcare and communications industries.
Excursions & Activities
- Research the challenges facing the modern police force and debate whether London is safer than other world cities because its police are routinely unarmed?Take day trips to neighboring cities, such as Cambridge or Portsmouth.
- Visit Regent's Park, featuring the London Zoo, the world's oldest scientific zoo, and Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
- Enjoy a rock concert at the Wembly Arena or the symphony at the Royal Albert Hall. London's music scene appeals to all musical tastes!
- Meals are not included
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation - an introduction to British culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter J-Term||2020||10/05/2019 **||Rolling Admission||12/30/2019||01/20/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.