|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
"Since its foundation in 1877, TU Darmstadt has played its part in addressing the urgent issues of the future with pioneering achievements and outstanding research and teaching. TU Darmstadt focuses on selected, highly relevant problem areas. Technology is at the heart of all disciplines at TU Darmstadt - the Natural Sciences as well as Social Sciences and Humanities cooperate closely with Engineering. In order to expand its expertise strategically, TU Darmstadt maintains a variety of partnerships with companies and research institutions. It is a vital driving force in the economic and technological development of the Frankfurt-Rhein-Neckar metropolitan area."
Click here for campus maps, local navigation, directions, and guided tours of the campus.
Main Homepage for International Exchange Students
Click here to access the Frequently Asked Questions web page for incoming international exchange students
ACADEMICS & ACCOMMODATIONS
German IEP and other students completing the overseas component of IEP exchange program will work closely with their German IEP Director, Dr. Sigrid Berka (email@example.com), and the URI Office of International Education in order to be admitted as an exchange student at a partner institution in Germany, secure an internship placement, and prepare for their time abroad.
*For information and guidance pertaining to program course offerings, housing accommodations, and host program application requirements - please contact Dr. Sigrid Berka (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the IEP web page: web.uri.edu/iep/
Estimated Cost of Attendance Per Semester: $
Note: Please view the budget sheet for itemized cost details.
URI APPLICATION PROCESS
URI students will have two separate applications to complete, an application with URI as well as an application with the host exchange partner university. Please contact your URI Program Sponsor to learn about the host university's application requirements and timeline. Below outlines the application deadlines for the mandatory URI application. Students must first complete the URIAbroad 'Pre-Decision Phase' prior to sending any application materials to the host exchange program.
URI Eligibility Requirements:
- Be in good social standing
- Subject to the URI Student Policies & IEP Year Abroad Program Policies
- All URI students participating on one of the University's direct exchange programs must be formally enrolled within the equivalent of a minimum of 12 US credits (24 ECTS credits) per semester to maintain their full-time student matriculation status.
Program Admission Timeline:
|Semester||'Pre-Decision' Deadline||'Post-Decision' Deadline|
|Fall Semester||April 1st||May 1st|
Estimated Costs & Living Expenses according to TU DarmstadtFinancing your Exchange & General Calculations according to TU Darmstadt.
- URI e-Mail: Although participants are not physically on the URI campus, they should monitor their URI e-mail and e-Campus account on a regular basis and address billing, FAFSA, holds, etc. in a timely manner.
- Change of Status: In the event of program cancellation, changes to the intended plan of study, reduction in course load, program relocation, or any other status change, students must notify their respective academic departments as well as the Office of International Education.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.