|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
UTC is both a French national university and an engineering school, with autonomous training, pedagogy and an innovation-intensive, interdisciplinary technological research program. UTC produces graduates (engineers, Master’s degree, PhDs) capable of taking into account the interactions of technologies with Mankind and Society at large and of evolving in a world-scale competitive environment, with the aim of complying with sustainable development policies. The UTC lecturers, research scientists and engineers “lend meaning to innovation”, enabling the emergence of new axes underpinning this concept, introducing entrepreneurship principles in the heart of their concerns.
"Students in the French IEP spend the Fall semester enrolled as a full-time student at University of Technology of Compiegne (UTC) in Compiegne, France. Following their time immersed as an exchange student, students conduct a six-months professional internship / research project at a major global engineering / business firm."
UTC at a Glance
Click here to access the UTC Exchange Student Homepage
Student Life at UTC
Click here to learn about Compiegne
ACADEMICS & ACCOMMODATIONSFrench IEP students completing the overseas component of IEP exchange program will work closely with theirF -IEP Director, Dr. Lars Erickson (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the URI Office of International Education in order to be admitted as an exchange student at a partner institution in France, secure an internship placement, and prepare for their time abroad.
*For information and guidance pertaining to program course offerings, housing accommodations, and host program application requirements - please contact Lars Erickson (email@example.com).
Click here to access information pertaining to course selections, the European credit system, and other helpful information.
PROGRAM COSTEstimated Cost of Attendance Per Semester: $10,631
Note: Please view the budget sheet for itemized cost details.
URI APPLICATION PROCESSURI students will have two separate applications to complete, an application with URI as well as an application with the host exchange partner university. Please contact your URI Program Sponsor to learn about the host university's application requirements and timeline. Below outlines the application deadlines for the mandatory URI application. Students must first complete the URIAbroad 'Pre-Decision Phase' prior to sending any application materials to the host exchange program.
URI Eligibility Requirements:
- Be in good social standing
- Subject to the URI Student Policies & IEP Year Abroad Program Policies
- All URI students participating on one of the University's direct exchange programs must be formally enrolled within the equivalent of a minimum of 12 US credits (24 ECTS credits) per semester to maintain their full-time student matriculation status.
|Semester||'Pre-Decision' Deadline||'Post-Decision' Deadline|
|Fall Semester||April 1st||May 1st|
- URI e-Mail: Although participants are not physically on the URI campus, they should monitor their URI e-mail and e-Campus account on a regular basis and address billing, FAFSA, holds, etc. in a timely manner.
- Change of Status: In the event of program cancellation, changes to the intended plan of study, reduction in course load, program relocation, or any other status change, students must notify their respective academic departments as well as the Office of International Education.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.