Programs > Brochure
Education Abroad Network: University of New South Wales (UNSW)
Sydney, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The Education Abroad Network: Study Australia, Study New Zealand, Study Asia|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Arquitecture, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Criminology, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Fashion, Film, Geography, Geology, History, International Relations, International Studies, Law, Literature, Marine Science, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Theater Art, Tourism|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
Study Abroad at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia with TEAN
- Study at this innovative Australian university ranked in the top 50 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2019)
- Take advantage of semester dates that line up with the U.S. academic calendar for easy scheduling, especially for those with summer commitments in the U.S.
- Live in Sydney, the largest and oldest city in Australia, with its magnificent coastline and ideal climate
- Gain hands on experience with an optional internship in the fields of communications/media and business
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef and tropical far north Australia during your comprehensive five-day Orientation Program, with a week of adventure and learning
- Experience living in the local community in our high-quality, ideally located, off-campus apartments, off-campus in beachside apartments or in on-campus housing
- Benefit from access to TEAN's Sydney-based Resident Director and other in-country staff for continued support throughout the semester
- Opt to take four courses instead of three to receive additional credit. (Four courses is equivalent to 12 – 16 U.S. credits depending on your home university's credit transfer policy.)
- Explore the natural beauty of New Zealand's South Island or head to Fiji to experience remote island life with TEAN's optional pre- or post- semester excursion
Sydney, AustraliaSydney is great for those who want:
- to be a part of a big, multicultural, world-class city where there is always something to do
- an outdoorsy lifestyle with awesome weather and beautiful beaches, Sydney-siders spend their leisure time outdoors
- to be located at a convenient jumping-off point to explore the rest of Australia or other travel opportunities
- delicious dining options and a lively arts and culture community
About TEANThe Education Abroad Network (TEAN) – established in 1995 – are study abroad and intern specialists in the Asia Pacific region with semester and summer programs available in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, China and Japan.
Visit the TEAN Website to learn more or Apply Now with TEAN
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.