Programs > Brochure
Université Rennes 2 (Exchange)
Rennes, France (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Fields of Studies:||See Program Description||Language of Instruction:||English, French|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
URI students can take advantage of one of the University's international partnerships by participating as an exchange student at the University of Rennes 2 and choose from a variety of subjects. The largest center for research and higher education in arts, humanities, languages, physical & sports activities, and social sciences in the West of France, Rennes 2 offers excellent course options for those students eager to experience a new culture. As the successor of the Faculty of Arts - established in 1810 - Rennes 2 boasts over 200 years of history in the dynamic and welcoming college-city of Rennes, France.
- Overall Student Population: 24,000
- International Student Population: 2,600
LOCATIONThe city of Rennes (pop.: 400,000) is situated in the east of Brittany in north-western France. Rennes is the capital of the region and is a true college city with some 60,000 students enrolled in private and public universities across the city. With an extensive culture and artistic community, Rennes is full of small restaurants, cafes, museums and attractions of all kinds. Rennes also claims the second largest "street market" in France, welcoming visitors, tourist and study abroad students every Saturday morning. Students will find that it is very easy to navigate throughout the city with convenient bus networks and metro service across the city. Its location is also ideal for when a change of scenery may be needed or adventure is on the mind - such as Paris or the Atlantic coast.
Click here to learn more about the city of Rennes.
Courses Available in French:
Rennes 2 Course Catalog 2018-2019: Click here for a complete list of course offerings.
ACCOMMODATIONSOn-Campus Student Residence Halls:
- Private Room w/ shared bathroom & kitchen facilities (~$180/Month including internet)
- Private Room w/ personal bathroom (~$265/Month including internet)
- A TV room, a leisure room, a soda vending machine, a phone box and a launderette
- Shared kitchen facilities with sink, cupboards, hotplates, microwave oven, and refrigerators on each floor
PROGRAM COSTEstimated Cost of Attendance Per Semester: $15,736
Note: Please view the budget sheet for itemized cost details.
- 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- 3 credits or more at 300 level French
- French Language Proficiency of B2
- 1 letter of reference from Professor Karen De Bruin of the URI Languages Department
Program Dates and Deadlines:
|Fall Semester||September to December||March 1|
|Spring Semester||January to June||September 15|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.