|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Archaelogy, Cultural Studies, History, Political Science|
|Language of Instruction:||Arabic, English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Centrally located Amman is the ideal place to unravel intriguing Middle Eastern and international issues like Arab-Israeli relations, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, fundamentalism and politics, and more. Learn about all this and more, in a city that celebrates both a cosmopolitan outlook and its age-old souks, mosques, and monuments.
LEARN CONVERSATIONAL ARABIC
to help you connect with Jordanian people.
EXPLORE WORLD-FAMOUS TREASURES
like Petra, Wadi Rum, Jerash, and the Dead Sea.
DISCOVER CULTURAL TRADITIONS
with introductions to traditional cooking, dance, henna, calligraphy, soccer, films, and plays.
Excursions & Activities
- Session 1 overnight trip: Petra and Wadi Rum. Explore an ancient city elaborately carved from stony cliffs, and where ancient inscriptions are tucked among spectacular arid arches, cliffs, caverns, and gorges.
- Session 2 overnight trip: Petra and Wadi Rum (as above) or a hike/camping trip that combines outdoor adventure and archaeological heritage.
- Day-trip possibilities: Biblical Jordan, including Madaba Plains (the biblical lands of Moab), Mt. Nebo, and the city of Madaba; and a Dead Sea trip.
- Visit iconic mosques, museums, and cafes.
- Guest speakers illuminate a range of issues, from the contemporary music scene to life in the U.S. Foreign Service.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- On-site orientation – an introduction to Jordanian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.