|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Biology, Business Administration, Cultural Studies, Ecology, Environmental Studies, History, International Relations, International Studies, Literature, Sociology, Tourism|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
You’ll find the stunning scenery and a sunny climate the perfect incentive to fast-forward your progress. What’s more, that get you out of the classroom to places of interest all over the island. Whether you’re in class, traversing a narrow medieval street, or playing with new friends on a bone-white beach, you’ll feel the bright Spanish spirit, enjoy fabulous Mediterranean fare, and experience more than ordinary tourists dream of.
IMPROVE YOUR SPANISH
skills by communicating with your host family, Spanish peers, and language exchange partners.
DISCOVER THE TRADITIONS,
tastes, sights, and sounds that make this distinctly Spanish island a favorite destination.
LEARN BY DOING,
with engaging fieldwork and site visits all over the island.
Excursions & Activities
- Journey by boat from Sóller to Torrent de Pareïs, or to the natural park of Cabrera.
- Visit historic towns Valldemossa, Deiá, and Pollensa
- Stroll the white sands at Es Trenc or Cala Mondragó
- Take in breathtaking views at stunning Cape Formentor at the island’s north point.
- Explore the multi-layered city of Palma and its architectural treasures.
- Get your bearings with Guardian Angels, Spanish university students who will introduce you to the city.
- Get to know Spanish students with cooking classes, salsa dancing, games, movies, tapas nights, beach picnics, and more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.