|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Archaelogy, Art History, Business Administration, Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, Film, Geography, History, International Relations, Journalism, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Portuguese||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
The western tip of Europe is steeped in ancient history, creating a rich base to launch a great summer. Come explore Portuguese culture and history. Expand your horizons with coursework and excursions, and make new friends and memories you'll always remember.
GET TO KNOW PORTUGUESE HISTORY
and culture with coursework taught in English.
STEP OUT OF THE CLASSROOM
and learn on the go at museums, monuments, festivals, and more.
EXPLORE BEYOND LISBON
with day- and weekend-adventures to noted towns rooted in medieval and coastal history.
Excursions & Activities
- Take advantage of Lisbon's vibrant theater and historic opera house, plus concert venues, galleries, a dynamic cinemathèque, and summer festivals.
- Experience authentic Portuguese family life with a homestay.
- See more of the country with a day-trip to Sintra, Mafra, or Óbidos, and a weekend in Évora, Porto, or Coimbra.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Portuguese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.