|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Art History, Business Administration, History, Literature, Political Science|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
This small city in the heart of Spain oozes history and culture, from the 16th century buildings that house noted Universidad de Alcalá to the birthplace of Miguel de Cervantes, who penned Don Quixote. With small classes, a local family host, and plenty of peer interaction, your already strong Spanish skills will further progress as the weeks fly by. Though there's much to explore right here, the capitol city of Madrid is 35-minutes away by train.
EXPLORE HISTORICAL TREASURES
in nearby Cuenca, Segovia, and Toledo
STAY WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
at their Alcalá home – and soak up the language as you live like a local.
TAKE AN OVERNIGHT TRIP TO ASTURIAS-CANTABRIA
or Valencia to get a sense of Spain's fabulous geographical and cultural diversity.
- Put your coursework in context with visits to museums, cathedrals, and cultural sites.
- Explore beyond the city with one-day trips to provincial highlights.
- Discover the diversity of Spanish cities, with overnight visits to Madrid, Asturias-Cantabria or Valencia.
- Take your pick of nonstop activities offered each week – guided tours, cooking classes, tapas tastings, and more.
- By taking the Community Language Commitment to speak Spanish at all times, you'll grow fluent more quickly than you would've thought possible.
- Chat with Spanish students in Spanish (and some English), helping you both practice.
- Meals with your host family are an ideal time to try new vocabulary.
- With all classes in Spanish, you'll benefit from full immersion, every day.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Chinese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.