|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Cultural Studies, History, Sociology, Tourism|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Write your best summer story ever in Dublin, where literary traditions include legends like Joyce, Swift, and Yeats. With coursework, activities, and excursions, you'll explore thousands of years of rich Irish culture, and find authentic heritage around every corner of this high-spirited city.
LIVE AND LEARN
on a compact, high-tech campus with easy access to downtown Dublin.
TAKE AN OVERNIGHT TRIP
to the outskirts of Ireland
PLAN AN ADVENTURE
you'll remember forever
Excursions & Activities
Get to know Dublin with guided visits to museums, cathedrals, galleries, and historic sites like Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin Castle, and Viking Dublin.
See more of Ireland with an overnight trip that brings your coursework to life:
- Session 1: An excursion to the world-famous Cliffs of Moher and the wonderful city of Galway to explore the relationship between tourism and sustainability.
- Session 2: Visit to Wexford and Kilkenny (South-East of Ireland) to engage you in history and culture, with a focus on the Famine, as well as music and language.
- Session 3: Belfast, Northern Ireland to you reflect on the complex relationship between Northern Ireland and Ireland.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.