|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Art History, Communications, Cultural Studies, Film, Geography, History, International Studies, Literature, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Tourism|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior|
Immerse yourself in Cuban culture for four weeks. This program has you studying and getting to know the capital city of Havana in equal measure. You'll spend time in the UNESCO World Heritage site as well as its many diverse suburbs while taking one intensive course and living with a local Cuban family. There's no better way to feel like a local in this fascinating city.
the culture and society of revolutionary Cuba.
EXPLORE THE IMPACT
of local and global dynamics on life in Havana and throughout the country.
GET A LOOK AT CUBA
off the beaten track with an overnight excursion.
Excursions & Activities
- Go on historic, architectural, or other specialized tours of Havana.
- Take guided visits to the city's museums, baseball outings and other sporting events.
- Take in the arts scene with concerts, plays, and dance performances.
- Take an overnight trip to destinations like Valley of Viñales or Matanzas & Cardenas.
- Some meals
- One-day orientation – an introduction to Havana culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.