|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Spend the summer in a vibrant seaside city working with local and international businesses, contributing to some of Spain’s most successful organizations. Through coursework, language training, homestays, company visits, and an internship, you’ll increase your understanding of the international working environment while improving your Spanish communication skills.
with a startup, local business, international organization, or NGO.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
and immerse yourself in local culture.
HEAR FROM A VARIETY OF GUEST SPEAKERS
with different areas of expertise.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit business sites, art and history museums, and monuments.
- Go on tours of the historical district.
- Enjoy gastronomy-based activities such as eating chocolate con churros or tapas with local friends, or a cooking session.
- Indulge your adventurous side with a hike in the mountains.
- Take day trips to places like Sitges, the Dalí Museum in Figueres or the Roman ruins in the city of Tarragona, among others.
- Orientation – an introduction to Barcelona culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.