|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Art History, Business Administration, Cultural Studies, History|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Learn what you need to succeed in an increasingly globalized economy, discover a new culture, and gain critical global perspectives -- all while studying Business in Barcelona. This program offers challenging coursework, welcoming homestays, engaging company visits, and interesting excursions and activities that give you insight into international business and an immersive intercultural experience.
EXPLORE THE REGION OF CATALONIA
and surrounding provinces with exciting day and overnight trips.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
and immerse yourself in local culture.
TAKE FIELD TRIPS
to monuments and guided tours of the city.
Excursions & Activities
- Take guided tours of the historical district.
- ?Enjoy gastronomy-based activities such as eating chocolate con churros or tapas with local friends, or a cooking session.
- ?Take a weekend trip to a Spanish destination that may include the North of Catalunya, the South of Catalunya, or Valencia, among others
Volunteering. Although there are no formal community service activities on this program, volunteer opportunities can be arranged by CIEE staff.
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Barcelona culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.