|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, Literature, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||3. Junior|
Whether you’re a beginner or have strong Chinese language skills, you’ll progress ahead at least two levels with CIEE in Shanghai. Along with intensive study, one-on-one lessons, and language clinics, you’ll experience a whole lot of culture – from tasting the city’s famous soup dumplings to watching eye-popping acrobatics, to seeing more of this vast country up-close with special cultural excursions.
Learn about Chinese business...
international relations, political science, history, and more in English or Chinese.
Get off the tourist track...
as you explore Shanghai and beyond, and practice Chinese in authentic situations.
Live with a Chinese host family...
or on campus with a Chinese roommate.
Excursions & Activities
- Travel overnight to Granada, and step back in time with a stroll through the old Muslim quarter.
- See a different Spanish landscape with a trip to Aracena or Cádiz.
- Take a day trip to Córdoba and be awed by one of the finest examples of Moorish architecture, the Mezquita, Cathedral of Córdoba.
- Join a group that matches your interests – sports, environment, food and wine, etc. Groups include Spanish students, meet throughout the semester, and include a two-day trip to another city.
- Join in flamenco lessons, take a bike tour, try a new sport, and more, with new Spanish friends. New activities are offered all the time!
- Volunteer. Get to know the people of Seville better – and say gracias for your stay by volunteering in one of many capacities, such serving meals to homeless people, helping disabled children ride horses, or helping teach English at a school.
- Take a service learning or teaching practicum to earn academic credit and gain experience as you contribute.
- Socialize with peers while you improve your Spanish in a Conversation exchange program.
- Students can join in a range of university activities and outings – choir, hiking, sports, etc.
- Join a group that matches your interests – music, environment, gastronomy, art, etc. Groups include a two-day trip to another city.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.