|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Art, Art History, Cultural Studies, Film, History, Music, Political Science, Religion, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||French||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
With six levels of French instruction and a stunning city to explore, Rennes is the place to put learning on fast-forward and come home more proficient in the French language. Immerse yourself and enrich your studies with visits to beautiful parks and gardens, medieval landmarks, cathedrals, and more in this unspoiled area. Join the thousands of students who are already here – and see what makes Rennes so unique.
during a three-day orientation before you set out for Rennes.
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN FRENCH LIFE
by enrolling in a French university and living with a host family.
GET TO KNOW YOUNG FRENCH STUDENTS
as you earn credit and experience teaching at a Rennes school.
Excursions & Activities
- Travel to Normandy to visit the World War II Memorial and D-Day beaches (Fall).
- Follow the footsteps of French post-Impressionist artist Paul Gauguin in the picturesque commune of Pont-Aven in Brittany (Fall).
- Learn about the remarkable architecture at Mont St. Michel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Spring)
- Travel to the Loire Valley to explore four historic castles, including Amboise, where Leonardo da Vinci is buried. (Spring)
- Attend a wine conference and tasting, soirées interculturelles, and more.
Teach English for Credit
Intern teaching English at a local primary, middle, or high school. Get rich experience, learn more about the French educational system, and immerse yourself in the community while earning teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) credit. Interested students must enroll in one methodology course conducted in French. Students are responsible for preparing a one-hour lesson in English per week. The final grade is based on lesson plans, homework assignments, and class observations. The resident director or teaching practicum instructor oversees the experience and evaluates the students’ performance. Note: Internship positions are limited.
- Most meals
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- A three-day orientation in Paris to introduction you to French culture, your academic program, practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.