|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Arquitecture, Art, Art History, Cultural Studies, Film, History, Literature, Political Science, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||Italian||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
With the comfort of a small-town and intensive language study at three levels, your Italian skills will flourish in Ferrara. As you gain proficiency, you'll find plenty to say about the appetizing local specialties and visual delights of this beautiful Renaissance city. Add excursions to still more shining Italian destinations, and you'll come home with a broad picture of Italian culture and history.
RAMP UP YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS
language skills with an innovative program for intermediate and advanced students.
EXPLORE MORE BEAUTIFUL ITALIAN CITIES
like Florence, Ravenna, Bologna, Siena, Venice, Verona, and Padua.
AUDIT OR ENROLL IN UNIVERSITY COURSES
and study alongside Italians, depending on the strength of your language skills..
Excursions & Activities
- Take day trips to Ravenna, former Byzantine capital; Padua, home of Giotto's celebrated Arena Chapel frescos; Venice, known for glassblowing at Murano, and Verona, enchanting city of Romeo and Juliet.
- See more Italian treasures with multi-day trips to Tuscany, Campania, or Sicily.
- Discover Ferrara's medieval and Renaissance sections of Ferrara.
- Attend concerts, operas, festivals, and dinners, and meet with local personalities from the art, food, and sports worlds.
Volunteering. Give your energy and time, teaching English to the children of immigrant families, helping at a women's resource center, and more.
Peer language support. Pair up with an Italian student as Tandem Language Partners to share friendship and conversation.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Italian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/22/2020||05/18/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.