|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Art History, Business Administration, Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, Education, Film, Geography, History, International Relations, Journalism, Literature, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Studio Art, Theater Art|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||3. Junior|
People travel from all over the globe to dip into the cultural treasures of Argentina and barely scratch the surface. Imagine all you'll experience during a semester abroad in Argentina! Study at a world-recognized university, live with an Argentine host family, and go on excursions to explore the country's culture, history, and breathtaking landscapes. Plus, you'll get a firsthand look at the social and economic challenges facing this Latin American country.
with specialized CIEE courses, and choose from a vast selection at four top local universities where all courses are taught in Spanish.
GET INTO THE SWING OF ARGENTINE LIFE
style by living with a host family, doing volunteer work, and joining a conversation club.
and into broader Argentina – to dig into the local culture and customs.
Excursions & Activities
- Enjoy traditional Argentinian food.
- Learn folk dances.
- Relax Buenos Aires-style at a festival or soccer game.
- Watch culture in motion with musical, dance, and theatre performances.
- Get involved by joining a student club or a sports team.
- Take advantage of nearby sites of interest that provide participants with a broader understanding of the country.
- See how Argentines live outside the cosmopolitan capital with a day trip.
- Undertake a multi-day excursion to broaden your perspective on Argentina's history and culture.
- Volunteering. Share your time, and see another slice of Argentine life up close. Options include a range of organizations that work for social policy, human rights, community building, and public health.
- Community Service Seminar. Give back with 20 hours of coursework and 75 hours of volunteer service. (Not available all terms).
- Peer support. Connect with Argentine students by joining a cultural immersion group that shares your interest from a diverse range of topics from soccer to conversation.
- Most meals
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Argentine culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.