|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Cultural Studies, Economics, History, International Relations, Literature|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
The student-friendly nature of Valparaíso and neighboring Viña del Mar make this an ideal destination to take your Spanish-language skills to the next level, no matter what your major is. More than friendly, this colorful, sea-side city and beautiful surrounding country will set you up for endless discoveries – about yourself and Chilean culture.
FAST-FORWARD YOUR PROFICIENCY IN SPANISH LANGUAGE
by living with a host family.
LEARN ABOUT CHILE
and its place in Latin America with courses at top-ranked Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaiso.
GET A BIGGER VIEW OF CHILEAN SOCIETY
with different excursions in the country.
Excursions & Activities
Program includes 5 days of excursions. In past years we had visited iconic sites such as:
- Isla Negra, home of Nobel Chilean poet Pablo Neruda
- Vineyards of Casablanca valley
- “La Moneda”, Presidential palace of Chilean Government (Santiago)
- Museum of Memory and Human Rights (Santiago)
- San Pedro de Atacama
- Pucón and Temuco
Volunteering. Students can opt to volunteer with NGO´s or social institutions. Volunteering options range from administrative support to health care NGO´s that give shelter to vulnerable children and elderly.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Chilean culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||02/19/2020||07/11/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.