|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Business Administration, Cultural Studies, Economics, History, International Relations, International Studies, Journalism, Literature, Political Science, Religion, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||Arabic, English, French||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
From Rabat’s medina to the ville nouvelle, you’ll never be short on opportunities to practice your Arabic and French language skills or get to know this palm-lined city. And with courses, excursions, homestays, and activities to help you connect with the people of Rabat, you’ll get an in-depth look at what it means to live in this Mediterranean country.
GET TO KNOW
Moroccan culture by sharing tea with your host family and conversation with Moroccan peers
your Arabic language skills, whether you’re beginning or experienced.
more of Morocco’s distinctive locations, like Asilah, Casablanca, Fez, Marrakesh, Ourika, Chefchaoune, and Tangers.
Excursions & Activities
- Put your coursework in context and practice new language skills with visits to markets, cultural sites, and music and theater performances.
- Explore Rabat’s ancient medina and Kasbah, and see other highlights like the ancient ruins of Challah, and the Andalusian Gardens.
- See how local schools and government agencies operate.
- Reward yourself with an amazing view for climbing the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visit an Amazigh village in Ourika.
- Work with artisans in Chefchaoune.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site in coastal Essaouria.
- Take an overnight excursion to Fez and Marrakesh.
Service learning: Get to know the Rabat community by helping refugees, immigrants, women, or children. You might:
- Lead games or art projects with local students.
- Work with sub-Saharan African migrants.
- Tutor English at the community center.
- Shadow a doctor at a children’s hospital.
Internships: Positions with NGOs and private institutions can be arranged for students who are interested.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – a three-day introduction to Moroccan culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/20/2020||05/10/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.