|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Arquitecture, Art History, Cultural Studies, History, International Relations, Literature, Political Science, Religion|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Italian||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Just because you can't speak Italian doesn't mean you can't take advantage of the amazing discoveries waiting for you in Ferrara. Grab your chance to start or build on your skills, in a super-livable small city known for its old-world charm, breathtaking castle, and easy to explore arts.
RAMP UP YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS
with intensive courses for beginners and intermediate level students.
beautiful Italian cities like Florence, Ravenna, Bologna, Siena, Venice, Verona, and Padua.
LEARN TO MAKE
a tasty regional specialty, like cappellacci di zucca.
Excursions & Activities
- Take day trips to Ravenna, former Byzantine capital; Padua, home of Giotto's celebrated Arena Chapel frescos; Venice; and Verona, enchanting city of Romeo and Juliet.
- See more Italian treasures with multi-day trips to Tuscany, Campania, or Sicily.
- Discover Ferrara's medieval and Renaissance sections of Ferrara.
- Attend concerts, operas, festivals, and dinners, and meet with local personalities from the art, food, and sports worlds.
Peer language support. Pair up with an Italian student as Tandem Language Partners to share friendship and conversation.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Italian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.