|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Art History, Cultural Studies, History, International Relations, Literature, Political Science, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||3. Junior|
The Catalan capital of Barcelona overflows with opportunities to practice – or begin – your quest for stronger Spanish language skills. Beyond the classroom, you'll get to know a city steeped in history and culture, with guided tours to storied museums and towering cathedrals, language exchange sessions with Spanish peers, homestays, and activities. And with overnight and day trips, you'll get a taste of the country beyond.
JOIN A HOST FAMILY
at their Barcelona home and soak up the Spanish language and local customs.
CONNECT WITH SPANISH STUDENTS
in a language exchange that helps you practice all you're learning.
EXPERIENCE LIFE IN A COSMOPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
city that's rooted in ancient tradition and reaching forward to the future.
Excursions & Activities
- See the largest and broadest collection of Salvador Dali's works with a guided visit to the Dalí Museum in Figueres.
- Step back centuries in time with a tour of Roman ruins in the coastal city Tarragona.
- See Barcelona and the coast from spectacular heights atop Tibidabo Mountain.
- Explore life beyond Barcelona with a weekend in another Spanish city, and discover the treasures of the country.
Students can opt for internships to gain practical experience at NGOs, schools, publishing companies, marketing agencies, businesses, and more. Internships include weekly classroom components that enrich the experience.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/02/2020||04/24/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.