|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Art History, Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Education, Film, History, International Relations, Literature, Political Science, Sociology, Studio Art|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Awash in Mediterranean warmth, Alicante sparkles with beautiful beaches by day and festive energy by night. Here you'll find endless opportunities to rapidly improve your Spanish – like chatting with Spanish peers in a language exchange program, practicing with your host family, and exploring open-air markets. And with outings to treasured monuments and nearby cities, plus cooking classes, dancing workshops, hiking, theatre, and more, you'll never run out of ways to immerse yourself in Alicante.
TRAVEL TO ANOTHER AMAZING SPANISH CITY,
such as Madrid, Valencia, Murcia, or Granada for a weekend.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
at their Alicante home – soak up the language and the culture as you live like a local in this vibrant city.
LEARN ALONGSIDE PEERS FROM SPAIN
and other countries at Universidad de Alicante, one of the country's newest universities with a modern campus and an international vibe.
- Put your coursework in context with visits to museums, theaters, and cultural sites.
- Explore beyond the city with day trips to provincial highlights like the Algar Waterfalls, Canelobre Caves, Calpe, Altea, and Guadalest Castle, or to Valencian Autonomous Community.
- Discover another beautiful Spanish city, such as Granada, Madrid, or Valencia.
- Take your pick of nonstop activities offered weekly by both CIEE and the University Language Center – hiking, sports, cinema, cooking workshops, dance classes, theater, guided tours – boredom is not an option!
- Make new friends as you practice your Spanish language skills with Spanish students during linguistic activities.
- Join a language exchange program.
- Play sports (soccer, basketball, etc.), go hiking, and take part in fun activities around the city – all while you speak Spanish!
- Volunteer with senior citizens, children, or those with disabilities in Alicante or San Vicente.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.