|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Cultural Studies, History, International Relations, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||Arabic, English, Hebrew||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Haifa's multi-faceted communities provide a unique backdrop for studying international relations, psychology, Middle Eastern Studies, and peace and conflict studies. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to explore issues from numerous points of view. Connect with Israeli peers, gain work experience with an internship, and illuminate your studies with co-curricular excursions. You're sure to come away with new and unique perspectives and insights.
special honors programs in peace and conflict studies. Intern in one of the many NGOs and local organizations.
STUDY AT A LEADING UNIVERSITY
with cutting-edge research centers in a city known for ethnic and religious diversity.
START OR CONTINUE
learning Hebrew or Arabic.
Excursions & Activities
Attend special lectures that illuminate Israel's role in the Middle East, and the complexity of Israeli society.
- Hike Carmel National Forest, Israel's largest park, just steps from the University of Haifa campus.
- Explore urban neighborhoods where Jews, Christians, Muslims, Druze, and Baha'is are committed to living peacefully.
- Travel to Nazareth, Tel Aviv, Tiberias, and Akko and visit villages and historical sites across the country.
- Get into campus life by joining student clubs, attending concerts, and using sports facilities.
- Learn about Israel through a multitude of lenses such as farming, sporting activities, or volunteering.
Internships. Nothing beats on-the-job experience, and you'll earn credit, too. Options include social work agencies, public and special education facilities, health services, museums, and community centers.
Volunteering. Help people in need by giving your time and energy to non-profit organizations in Haifa and get a closer look at the issues Israeli society faces today.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Israeli culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||02/13/2020||06/04/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.