|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Fields of Studies:||Art, Art History, Chemistry, Cultural Studies|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Mandarin||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Whether you’re just beginning to learn Chinese or you’re well into your studies, you’ll find the support and inspiration to make big strides in Taipei. And that’s just the start. Explore the rich traditions and long-stretching history of a city where multiple cultures fuse into an exciting blend, while you get your fill of tasty finger foods, park side tai chi, karaoke, and more.
GET THE MOST FROM YOUR TIME IN TAIWAN
with the help of Taiwanese student ambassadors.
GAIN THE UPPER HAND
on the Chinese language with small, intensive classes to study traditional characters and standard Mandarin.
KEEP AN EYE ON THE FUTURE
by building your resume with an internship or independent research.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore city treasures like the Palace Museum, where the vast Chinese art collection stretches back dynasty over dynasty.
- Visit tea plantations, porcelain workshops, and temples.
- Meet with many locals and expatriates, including journalists, diplomats, business leaders and educators, to get feel for working life here.
- Jump into university life by joining a student club or sports team.
- Try on the local culture by joining into birthday celebration rituals for Confucius(fall), or the one-week Crazy Mazu festival in the spring.
- Volunteering. Taiwanese culture supports a unique bounty of nonprofit and non-governmental organizations. Organizations support an array of causes – education, cultural improvement, marginalized people and immigrants, better housing, gender equality, and more. We’ll help you find a match!
- Internships. Learn with hands-on work in a professional setting, at a range of Taiwanese and international enterprises.
- Target Language Meals. Gather with language teachers, local students, and CIEE staff members to practice your Chinese skills in a relaxed setting.
- Peer support. Connect with Cultural Ambassadors, Taipei university students that share tips on language and culture – and often become long-lasting friends.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Taiwanese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.