|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Arquitecture, Cultural Studies|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Challenge yourself to maximize natural and built resources, reduce the footprint of our buildings, and provide healthy environments in Barcelona, where there's 2,000 years of design to inspire you. Use programming, design, and social science in hands-on workshops to create promise for the future, with cutting-edge tools and expert instruction from the best of Barcelona's remarkable architecture and design community.
USE FABLAB FACILITIES
at the Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia, a cutting-edge institution dedicated to developing architecture that meets 21st-century challenges.
such as the Architecture Design Park
PARTICIPATE IN A GROUND-BREAKING DESIGN PROJECT
to improve city living.
Excursions & Activities
- See for yourself why landmarks like Museu Picasso and Gaudi's artworks engender awe from visitors around the world.
- Take one-day trips out of the city to explore Catalonia, with highlights that could include Greek and Roman ruins at Empuries, the medieval town of Girona, and the lush wine region in Penedés.
- Explore beyond Barcelona with a weekend trip within Spain or Europe, and get to know the architecture, history, and culture of another Spanish or European city.
CIEE GUARDIAN ANGELS
Native university students welcome our visiting students and help them get to know the city and meet new friends. You'll join them in small groups for fun city tours, cooking classes, flamenco night, and more.
- Build on classwork with open lectures and design critique sessions conducted by IAAC professors, visiting lecturers, architects, historians, and researchers.
- Volunteering. Connect with Spaniards as you give your time. You might help kids with homework, assist kids with special needs, or collect food for community projects.
- Collaborate on design projects in small groups with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.