|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Communications, Cultural Studies, Film|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
With a rich filmmaking tradition that includes Miloš Forman, Agnieszka Holland, Emir Kusturica, and Jan Sverák, Prague is an ideal place to produce a short 16-mm film or dig into a feature-length screenplay. And with magnificent art and architecture from every period at every turn, it’s impossible not to be inspired by these creations – and the stories behind them.
with American and international film students at the preeminent Prague Film and Television School of the Academy of the Performing Arts (FAMU).
to shoot, direct, or write with mentoring from European film professionals.
from visits to Prague Barrandov film studios, and guest lectures by European directors, producers, cinematographers, and screenwriters.
Excursions & Activities
- Get an inside look at Barrandov Film Studios – Hollywood of the East – and Hafan Animation Studio.
- Travel overnight to visit a film school or attend an international student film festival.
- Make your visit official by traversing the Charles Bridge, constructed to cross the Vltava River in 1357.
- Join a language exchange program.
- Meet a Czech family.
- Participate in all sorts of extracurricular activities designed to help students experience Prague.
- Live in Prague like a Czech student, with a Czech flat buddy to show you around, explain local customs, and organize weekly activities in politics, sport, film, music, and more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.