Programs > Brochure
CIEE Sustainable Development in Beijing, China
Beijing, China (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, Education, Environmental Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Mandarin||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
CIEE Environmental, Cultural + Economic Sustainability Program in Beijing, China
Want to challenge your ideas of sustainable development in one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing countries? Come to Beijing, and you’ll investigate the environmental, social, and economic dimensions of sustainable development. Through diversified coursework, excursions, and the option for field research, service learning, or independent research all of China will become your classroom. This is a program that will forever change the way you look at China and the world around you.
Study abroad in Beijing and you will:
- Gain an understanding of sustainable development and its relevance within China and the world
- Choose to study Mandarin Chinese at the Beginning or Intermediate level (required for those with no prior Chinese language study)
- Learn about environmental, social, and economic issues in contemporary China
- Be part of a highly acclaimed, multicultural campus that has the feel of a small, liberal arts college
- Enroll in Field Research Methods or Service Learning for a hands-on exploration of local sustainability issues
- Be part of a highly acclaimed, multicultural campus community that has the feel of a small liberal arts college
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.