|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Challenge yourself to take your engineering studies to the next level in Madrid! Whether your thing is aerospace or biomedical engineering, you'll find rigorous courses in English and Spanish that expand your thinking with theory and case studies alike. Travel beyond Madrid to investigate engineering feats in other parts of Spain. Take a breath to discover Madrid's many treasures, from the premier Prado museum to tapas at the lively San Miguel market.
Watch this video to see what it's like to study biomedical engineering at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (English begins at one minute. (Video is the property of Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.)
STUDY AT A UNIVERSITY
known for strong programs in telematics, electrical, industrial, telecommunications technologies, telecommunication systems, and computer engineering.
SEE HOW SCIENTISTS
apply problem-solving and critical-thinking skills at Spanish companies.
BUILD COLLABORATIVE SKILLS
and work experience with a business or engineering internship.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore engineering feats like Roman road foundations and Arab water management in Segovia, Alcalá, Mérida, or Granada.
- Visit some of the country's top-ranking engineering companies, like Iberdrola, Repsol, FCC, and Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas SA.
- Take a weekend trip to a city like Barcelona, Bilbao, or Sevilla to see regional differences in urban design, engineering, and traditional architecture.
- Take walking and biking tours that include stops tourists often miss.
- Absorb Spanish culture with a cooking class, a flamenco class with by dinner and a show; and visits to the Rastro open-air market, local festivals, and celebrations in and around the city.
- Meet Spanish peers through the Spanish Student Network, a group of university students that accompany students for CIEE activities and events.
- Take advantage of campus sports facilities and fitness programs.
Volunteering. We're ready to help you help kids, teens, and disabled people in Madrid, through schools, associations, and outreach programs.
Peer-to-peer language support. Practice your Spanish skills and make a new friend with our language exchange program.
Tutors and study groups. Sign up for a UC3M faculty-led study group for one of your STEM courses. Gain a credit get the support you need to complete course work as needed. With CIEE supervision, students can also find a grad student or classmate to help them get the most of class. In general, tutors meet for one hour, once a week.
Internships. Got advanced Spanish skills? Engineering internships are competitive here, but we'll help you make it happen.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/16/2020||05/30/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.