|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Arquitecture, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Film, Geography, History, International Relations, International Studies, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Tourism|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||3. Junior, 4. Senior|
As the political, economic, and cultural hub of Cuba, Havana is the perfect spot to practice your Spanish and gain insight into this country's fascinating past. Learn about the Cuban Revolution, Cuba's relationship with the U.S., explore Cuban art, language, and literature, and step into history in Old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
into Cuban culture, history, and relationships with the U.S. and other countries.
– from Old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage site, to modern Vedado, and the city's diverse suburbs.
ENJOY HAVANA'S WORLD-FAMOUS
music scene and the city's many festivals.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit sites of historic and cultural importance in Havana and the surrounding areas.
- Attend festivals and holiday celebrations like Festival Internacional de Ballet de La Habana.
- Go on historical, architectural, or other specialized tours of the city of Havana.
- Take guided visits to the city's museums, baseball games, and other sporting events.
- Every February, Havana celebrates the International Book Fair, in the Morro-Cabaña Fortress, to which a foreign country is usually invited to participate.
- Some meals
- Mandatory orientation – an introduction to Havana culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||02/03/2020||05/15/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.