|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Communications, Computer Science, Cultural Studies, Economics, Education, History, International Relations, International Studies, Journalism, Law, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Mandarin||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
In Taipei, Chinese culture shows the pull of Japanese, southeast Asian and US influence. Settle into this unique environment to explore politics, business, and media – and how they’re intertwined. Take your pick of a remarkable selection of courses in English or Chinese on the tranquil campus at the renowned National Chengchi University, and get your fill of tasty finger foods, park side tai chi, karaoke, and more.
GET AN EDGE
with the advanced curriculum and outstanding facilities of the international master’s programs in International Communication Studies and Asia Pacific Studies.
BUILD YOUR RESUME
with an internship at a Taipei media company.
GAIN THE UPPER HAND
on Chinese language with custom classes and support from peer partner.
Excursions & Activities
- Try on the local culture by joining into birthday celebration rituals for Confucius(fall), or the one-week Crazy Mazu festival in the spring.
- Explore city treasures like the Palace Museum, where the vast Chinese art collection stretches back dynasty over dynasty.
- Visit tea plantations, porcelain workshops, and temples.
- Take a three-day excursion to Sun Moon Lake, Tarago Gorge, or Tainan to connect with local community members and see life outside Taipei.
- Meet with many locals and expatriates, including journalists, diplomats, business leaders and educators, to get feel for working life here.
- Jump into university life by joining a student club or sports team.
- Volunteering. Taiwanese culture supports a unique bounty of nonprofit and non-governmental organizations. Organizations support an array of causes – education, cultural improvement, marginalized people and immigrants, better housing, gender equality, and more. We’ll help you find a match!
- Internships. Learn with hands-on work in a professional setting, at a range of Taiwanese and international enterprises.
- Target Language Meals. Gather with language teachers, local students, and CIEE staff members to practice your Chinese skills in a relaxed setting.
- Peer support. Connect with Cultural Ambassadors, Taipei university students that share tips on language and culture – and often become long-lasting friends.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Taiwanese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.