|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, International Relations||Language of Instruction:||English, French|
|Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program||Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
As the European Union capital, Brussels draws an impressive number of diplomats and international institutions – and an ever-deeper range of diverse cultures. Grab your front row seat to examine the political and economic issues of the day, and learn about the latest trends in new media and communications, in a lively and beautiful city.
TAKE CLASSES IN ENGLISH
and opt for one in Dutch or French if your skills match up.
LEARN ON THE GO
with visits to European Union institutions, as well as France, the Netherlands, and Germany.
BOOST YOUR KNOWLEDGE
with strong communications offerings, like intercultural communication, script writing for radio and television, international reporting in Brussels, and more.
Excursions & Activities
See more of the region with day trips to Bruges, Luxembourg, Aachen, or Bastogne.
- Take a three-day excursion to France to explore coastal Normandy or Alsace on the Swiss border.
- Get involved on campus by joining a student club or taking advantage of sports facilities.
- Explore favorites like Brussels Museum of Fine Arts and one of Belgium's celebrated chocolate factories.
Internships.Get credit and on-the-job experience in communications, business, or international affairs. Write for a weekly European magazine, monitor cases at the UE Court of Justice, or experience working at an accounting firm – so many possibilities! Internships are formalized in Brussels, following interviews and final word from sponsors. Proficiency in a second language is not required.
Peer support. Team up with Belgian students for a mix of social events and site visits that's sure to improve your Dutch or French.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Belgian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/20/2020||05/15/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.