|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Art History, Business Administration, Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, Engineering, History, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Tourism|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||3. Junior|
Double-dip in business and language learning in the heart of Spain’s industrial south. With a location that makes it easy to learn about economics and management in Spain, the European Union, and even North Africa, sunny Seville is warm, welcoming, and brimming with well-preserved history. Intriguing courses, homestays, internships, and cultural exploration complete your international adventure.
INTERN WITH A SPANISH COMPANY
to get valuable work experience and school credit.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
at their Seville home – the ultimate way to absorb as much language and culture as you can.
GET A TASTE OF NORTH AFRICA
and its business practices with a three-day guided visit to Morocco.
Excursions & Activities
- Take day trips to Córdoba, Cádiz, Aracena, and Carmona.
- Get a taste of North Africa, with a three-day guided visit to Morocco. See the sites, visit a factory, and converse with business students from the Ecole Nationale de Commerce et de Gestion in Tangiers.
- Get to know Spanish students by signing up for an intercambio: a language exchange partner.
- Join in flamenco lessons, check out Seville’s alternative cinemas, or take a cooking class and learn how to cook traditional Spanish cuisine. New activities are always being offered.
- Socialize with Spanish peers while practicing what you’re learning in class with the Global Discussion initiative.
- Visit local Spanish companies with your business classes.
- Intern with a Spanish company. Help improve logistics and customer relations, build finance reports in Excel, analyze competitors, develop marketing plans, audit local Andalusian companies and more.
- Connect with Sevillanos through volunteer work. Help a minority group or women’s organization. Volunteer to tutor English at a local grade school or high school.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.