|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Cultural Studies, Economics, History|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Learn what you need to succeed in an increasingly globalized economy, discover a new culture, and gain critical global perspectives -- all while studying business in Barcelona. This program offers challenging coursework, welcoming homestays, engaging company visits, and interesting excursions and activities that give you insight into international business and an immersive intercultural experience.
the region of Catalonia and surrounding provinces with exciting day and overnight trips.
with a Spanish family and immerse yourself in local culture.
TAKE FIELD TRIPS
to monuments and guided tours of the city.
Excursions & Activities
- See for yourself why landmarks like Museu Picasso and Gaudi's La Sagrada Família engender awe from visitors around the world.
- Look inside Barcelona businesses with small group tours.
- Take one-day trips out of the city to explore Catalonia, with highlights that could include Roman ruins in the coastal city Tarragona, the medieval town of Girona, or the Dalí museum in Figueres.
- Explore life beyond Barcelona with a weekend trip within Spain or Europe, and discover the treasures of another Spanish or European city.
Students can complement their studies with internships in English or Spanish. You might help interview candidates at a headhunting firm, BrainMatch; or help accountants at Audioconsultores with audit, tax, actuarial, corporate finance, and other services. Internships also include a weekly class to support the experience with academic grounding.
- Get to know the people of the city and their language as you give back. Here are some of the ways you might serve:
- Help children with homework after school
- Help kids with special needs during school breaks or basketball practice
- Collect food for people in need
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.