|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Journalism|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||3. Junior|
Home to the stock exchange, central bank, Dutch and international companies large and small, the Dutch capital of Amsterdam is an ideal place for studying global business. Lively by day and night and welcoming to visitors, this easy-to-live-in city offers a wealth of case histories, as well as modern sites to discover all facets of business. Students are able to connect with experts and explore the theories and tools required to address today's critical economic issues.
GET A MULTINATIONAL PERSPECTIVE
on how business is done in a comparative perspective by living in one of the most multinational cities in the world.
COMMUTE AND CRUISE AROUND BY BIKE
- it's the Dutch way - and make the most of an up close and personal city experience.
JOIN A DUTCH FAMILY FOR A WEEKEND
for a personal introduction to culture and lifestyle.
Excursions & Activities
- Travel overnight to experience life in another Dutch city or slip out of urban life at a coastal preserve.
- Take day trips that highlight Dutch innovation outside the city rings of Amsterdam.
- Experience Dutch theater or dance at a historic performance hall.
- Team up with a student coach from the University of Amsterdam's International Student Network (ISN), and enjoy city outings with your own group of international students at the UvA.
- Get to know Dutch youngsters by volunteering to teach English once a week at a local Amsterdam school.
- Join one of several Amsterdam Life Activities (ALA) groups. From exploring Amsterdam's multicultural composition, to its status as a global culinary capital or a hub for business innovation, there's a way to pursue nearly every interest.
- Sign up for a weekend homestay, and get to meet a Dutch family
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Dutch culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.